How to control keepalive connections for upstream before the version of 1.15.3

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Nov 20 20:39:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 09:48:23PM -0500, wu560130911 wrote:

Hi there,

> when use Nginx version before the version of 1.15.3, Nginx can't know when
> tomcat will be close connection, so online have 502 error;

> I have adjust the size of keepAliveTimeout, but the problem still occur,
> because use nginx with version before 1.15.3;
>
> how can I slove this problem?

If it is important in your use case that when keepalive works, keepalive
honours the extra limits; then you probably should either stay with the
same nginx version and disable keepalive; or update to the newer version
and use the extra limits.

Any other change that involves "deploy a modified version of nginx",
is probably more work than just "update".

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org