Nginx Reverse Proxy Lowercase URL and some exceptions to the URL

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Oct 3 15:55:46 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 11:36:27AM -0400, Alex Med wrote:

Hi there,

> 1- this location is not respected since the configuration lowercases all
> uris without respecting these locations.  Please note that api,
> contentAssets, categoryServlet are paths, not directories or folders.

Which part of the configuration does the lowercasing?

I don't see where $my_uri_to_lowercase is set.

> 2.  It seems that if I am in a reverse proxy I have to input the proxy
> definition in every location because otherwise it does not work.  Is the a
> more practical way to do this?

You need proxy_pass in each location{} where you want to reverse proxy
things.

But all of the other directives will inherit from the outer level (if
not set in the location).

> Thank you for all your help!

If the problem remains, can you show a request that you make, the response
that you get, and describe the response that you want instead?

It may help make clearer what is happening.

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org