Odd behavior

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Oct 10 08:31:54 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 07:53:44PM -0400, Ken Wright wrote:
> On 10/9/19 4:27 AM, Francis Daly wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:52:11AM -0400, Ken Wright wrote:

Hi there,

> > If you can show a (small) config that someone else can use to see the
> > issue, perhaps it will be clear what needs to be changed.
>
> Okay, here's the default config:

> server {
>     if ($host = www.koalatyworks.com) {
>         return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
>     } # managed by Certbot
>
>     if ($host = koalatyworks.com) {
>         return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
>     } # managed by Certbot

[snip]

>     root /var/www/html;
>     return 301 https://$host$request_uri;

When using this config, is there one request that you can make that
responds with something other than a http 301?

I think that you said you get a 404, and maybe two different 200s.

So I'm going to say that, using the config that you provide, I am unable
to replicate the issue that you report.

Perhaps I'm using a different version of nginx. Or perhaps the config
that was in place when you saw the issue, is not the config that is here.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org