IOS keep asking password with nginx auth_basic

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Oct 19 09:07:59 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:07:43PM -0400, tiendungitd wrote:

Hi there,

> As you can see in access log https://pastebin.com/6vWhtb3Y, when I submited
> a POST request, then browser will have GET request to ivp page, and got a
> 401 code which is require to enter user/password. Any idea of what might be
> causing this?

The access log that I see there does not seem to show me what you
describe.

Am I missing something?

Anyway -- the overall issue sounds like either an incorrect web server
configuration, or a broken client.

Can you show an nginx configuration that leads to the problem that
you report?

Does nginx just serve from the filesystem, or does it proxy_pass to an
upstream server?

If the problem is "wrong config", then possibly the config can be changed
to be right. If it is "broken client", then you must decide whether you
want to wait for the client to be fixed, or to change your config to
work with this client.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org