Gzip not compressing

arunkiji nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Sep 7 20:20:33 UTC 2019

Hi, RR

Thank you so much for giving attention.

My conf page gzip section looks like this

"

# Gzip Settings
        ##

        gzip on;
        gzip_disable "msie6";

        gzip_vary on;
        gzip_proxied any;
        gzip_comp_level 6;
        gzip_buffers 16 8k;
        gzip_http_version 1.1;
        gzip_min_length 256;
        gzip_types text/plain text/css application/json
application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss
text/javascript application/vnd.ms-fontob$fontobject application/x-font-ttf
font/opentype image/svg+xml image/x-icon;

"

When i add your suggestion:

"

gzip on;
gzip_types text/html text/plain text/xml text/css application/javascript
application/json;

"

Should I delete any other line?

Then you also mention:

"

in http {} block (and reloading nginx) should be enough to enable gzip
(obviously add whatever other types you need like svg / fonts).

"

I am not sure what to do with this

"

http {} block.

"

I know that after making changes i should always give

"

sudo nginx -t
sudo systemctl restart nginx

"