Configure NGINX to deny web socket connections except for certain paths

teward nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Apr 1 13:44:21 UTC 2020

teward Wrote:
> This works fine if
> the web frontend is open to all, but we want to restrict it so that
> only one WSS pathway can actually be used and no other WSS requests
> work.

To clarify, there's a separate `server { }` block handling the gateway
separate from the RDWeb ingress point.  This is necessary for the wss links
to work.  Unfortunately, we need to control what wss / request paths are
used on there and currently don't have a way to do this that I'm aware of -
can we configure that nginx server block for the gateway component to do
what we need?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,287519,287522#msg-287522