All I want for easter is a working module

Mathew Heard me at mheard.com
Sun Apr 12 06:32:07 UTC 2020

Gee, glad I don't need to ask for help often. Usually providing a minimal
working example to replicate a problem and a concise description of the
problem is a good thing. I'm a member of quite a few communities that I
provide support for and this would have been an easy case of "your usage of
that method looks correct to me".

Anyway it turns out that this is undocumented quirk. The default config (
http://nginx.org/en/docs/dev/development_guide.html
<http://nginx.org/en/docs/dev/development_guide.html#core_modules>) provided
for building a module builds a CORE type module which is initialized before
the event system (add has no return value, and debug logs the correct
output regardless). The documentation should probably mention that the
ngx_add_timer is not available by default, also it would probably also be a
good idea for the ngx_add_timer example to actually include a call to
ngx_add_timer.

Anyway enjoy Easter everyone, it sounds like you all need to destress.