Compile Nginx

Tue Apr 28 13:17:04 UTC 2020

It depends on how you compile.

First of all have a look at the repository of you distribution or nginx
itself it's easier to update for bugfix or security impacts.

The 2'nd way can be to upgrade you server and get a newer nginx.

If that all is not an option I would prefer a build a debian package. it
can be easily transferred and installed.
Be aware that a computer/ server can have different architectures.