help need (convert vhost to location)

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Dec 26 19:18:27 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 07:42:00PM +0200, Gregory Edigarov wrote:

Hi there,

> I have this server section:
> now I need to convert this virtual server to location.
> i.e. to be called from postmaster.example.com/control/

you will probably want to wrap your current relevant location{} blocks
within a "location ^~ /control/ {}" block, and then probably also include
"alias /var/www/vexim/vexim;" within that block so that nginx will be
able to tell the fastcgi server what file it should process.

Depending on the application, you may need to tell it that it is below
/control/, so that it can adjust any internal links that it publishes.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org