net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED . How to correctly configure Nginx with Socket.io?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Feb 2 11:06:24 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 04:45:00AM -0500, MarcoI wrote:

Hi there,

> This is the "view source" of the html page:

This source does not include the words "Welcome to Your Vue.js App",
which appears in "16.jpg" picture.

That picture shows three other successful requests -- app.js,
chunk-vendor.js, and [object%20Module] before the "info" failures.

(The first two of those come from the "link", "rel=preload" parts of the
"head" of the initial response; or maybe from the "script" in the "body".)

I suspect that somewhere in the response of one of those other
three requests, is something that invites the browser to access
https://localhost/sockjs-node/info.

The best I can suggest is: find which one of those three responses it is;
then find what in your vue setup puts that there; then change it so that
it (probably) asks for /sockjs-node/info instead.

Exactly how to do that is probably in the vue documentation.

I see no evidence of a nginx config problem here, so far.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org