net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED . How to correctly configure Nginx with Socket.io?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Feb 12 08:13:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 02:28:45PM -0500, MarcoI wrote:

Hi there,

> I "solved" this problem installing the Desktop version of Ubuntu 18.04, as I
> described here:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1207812/webapp-fails-with-neterr-connection-refused-with-ubuntu-18-04-4-server-edition

I don't think that's a solution; but if you now have a working system,
then it's all good.

> Now I have a different, but may be, similar, problem, which I described in
> this post:
> https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,286991

That looks like the same problem to me.

Change your vue config so that it can work.

Perhaps the "public" piece at
https://forum.vuejs.org/t/vue-with-nginx/26843/3 is relevant.

See also https://webpack.js.org/configuration/dev-server/#devserver-public
and maybe "publicPath" there too.

I see no nginx issue here, or there, other than what was previously
mentioned.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org