net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED . How to correctly configure Nginx with Socket.io?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Jan 31 20:07:09 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 10:49:26AM -0500, MarcoI wrote:

Hi there,

> This is the output of the "Network" tab :
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QJMe8FEBrEuWacHWeJ_TQegMkF0v68AY

That picture looks like the right-hand side is showing the "request
details" of the fifth request down, the red "info" one.

Look at the first few successful requests instead.

Or maybe "view source" of the main page, and look at the html that
was returned. What puts the word "localhost" into that html?

> " Either a http redirect response header, or some response body content,
> invites the browser to try to access localhost" :
> as far as I see and understand, the requested URL, or the URL to which the
> initial request is redirected, from the initial https://ggc.world , is:
> Request URL: https://localhost/sockjs-node/info?t=1580484448072

I don't see that.

Can you see or show the complete response to the initial request?

> I ask you... am I right or wrong in thinking that this proxy_pass address
> has to be changed?

I think it probably does not need to be changed.

I think that either you need to add some nginx proxy_redirect lines; or
you need to change the vue setup to never use the word "localhost". Or
maybe both.

If you can show where the word "localhost" appears in the response to the
request for ggc.world, it may be clearer where the change should be made.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org