Found Nginx 1.19.0 stopped but no idea what happened

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jul 9 17:03:35 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 06:10:14AM -0400, Evald80 wrote:

Hi there,

> this is a vm created from the cloud provider. Than i just added the repo of
> nginx, the official one.
> Than did regular upgrades. Today also i run the yum update and got the
> 1.19.1 version of nginx.

Thanks for the information.

Curious -- the "ExecStop" command in that systemd.service file does
use TERM ("Quick shutdown") where the other suggested one uses QUIT
("Graceful shutdown").

Either way -- that presumably is not the cause of the failure you see.

You showed that you load four modules. Can you see where those modules
came from?

http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/centos/7/x86_64/RPMS/ does include a
nginx-module-geoip-1.19.1-1.el7.ngx.x86_64.rpm but I don't know if that
matches the one you are using.

Might it be that the combination of modules you load has some
incompatibility with the running nginx? I'm afraid I don't have a better
suggestion that "the usual" of trying to find a reproduction recipe,
and then turning off bits to see what causes the failure to go away.

Did you fetch pre-built module.so files, or did you build them yourself?

Good luck with the investigations! (Presuming that the update to 1.19.1
didn't make it all just start working.)

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org