nginx plus - purge multiple URLs in one request

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Jul 14 13:42:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 08:28:35AM -0400, CarstenK. wrote:

Hi there,

> we use nginx plus for caching and purge URLs automatic by our Shopsystem. In
> some times we have a lot of URLs to purge and need for every (sometimes
> wildcard purge) an extra request.
>
> Is it possible to purge a list of urls in one request?

http://nginx.org/r/proxy_cache_purge suggests "no". (At least: not using
that directive.)

It looks like it does single exact-match or single prefix-match in
one request.

Is it possible to set the expiry appropriately at read-time, so that
things will auto-expire without needing to be purged?

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org