Compilation with Passenger support hangs on "adding module"

svoop nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue May 26 20:12:17 UTC 2020

> Following the "adding module ..." line, nginx configure calls the
> "config" script from the module directory. And since there is no
> further output, it hangs somewhere in the config script of the
> passenger module.

You're right, I spend a good part of the day to track this down and figured
out that the Passenger config script hangs whenever it invokes Ruby. And
this happens only if Ruby is using hardened jemalloc. Seems to be related to
this problem:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/617518

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288136,288158#msg-288158