grpc-go client disconnect in 60 seconds

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Nov 10 14:31:15 UTC 2020

Hello!

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 08:59:54AM -0500, aagrawal wrote:

> Thanks for reply,
> So i can see that when i start grpc-go client insecure connection,  http
> request is received by grpc server and response also sent from grpcserver in
> every 10 seconds.
> But still after 60 seconds timeout happens.
>
> So is it correct to say that because of some issue grpc-go client request
> body is not proper or something is missing in it.
> Please advise.

As far as I understand, the gRPC call in question uses the
client-to-server streaming (as well as server-to-client one).
Given the timeout, no data are sent in the client-to-server
stream, yet the stream is not closed.  For timeout to not happen,
either some data should be sent periodically in the stream, or the
stream should be closed.

http://mdounin.ru/