client disconnects

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Nov 25 21:41:05 UTC 2020

Hello!

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 11:43:59AM -0800, Frank Liu wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification!
> What would we see if the client disconnects in the middle of nginx sending
> the response? Will there be a "while .." clause in the error log? Will the
> http status code be reset to 499?

As long as nginx is sending the response, the response status is
already set by the response, and log will say "while sending
response to client".

The 499 status code can be seen if client closes the connection
while nginx is sending the request to upstream or waiting for an
upstream response ("connecting to upstream", "sending request to
upstream", "reading response header from upstream"), or when a
request is delayed with limit_req.

http://mdounin.ru/