Nginx TCP/UDP Load Balancer

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Sep 1 12:12:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 06:15:00AM -0400, Dr_tux wrote:

Hi there,

> Hi, I have 2 turn server. I would like to use Nginx for load balancer them.
> But I have a problem. When I use the AWS ELB it works perfectly. If I try
> with Nginx, I got an error.
>
> Remote addr should be client_ip. Nginx, send itself IP address to coturn
> server.

I don't know the details of a turn server; but depending on the
overall design of your solution, it is possible that proxy_bind
(http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_proxy_module.html#proxy_bind)
will be useful.

You will probably want to make sure that you understand how each packet
will flow from original-client to end-server and back.

You apparently have a working system using AWS ELB, so perhaps watching
the traffic there will show you how it needs to be in order to work.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org