Connection timeout on SSL with shared hosting

nathanpgibson nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Sep 1 13:34:23 UTC 2020

> (I guess you either removed the INPUT DROP rule; or added an explicit
> "allow 443" beside the "allow 80" rule that was already there.
> Whichever
> it was, it was "make the local firewall allow the traffic get to
> nginx".)

Right, the allow 443 actually existed but there was a rule above it that was
routing traffic such that it didn't even get to my allow rule. Using
iptables -nvL I was able to see the packet count and see that 0 packets were
getting to my allow rule.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,289099,289268#msg-289268