Replace location paramter

vybralk nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Apr 13 09:47:07 UTC 2021

i have ngnix in front of java web server. My request is correctly send by
ngnix to java web, which redirect user request to another url as user is not
authenticated. It set location header to following value

location =
https://login.server.com/oidc/2/auth?response_type=code&client_id=123&scope=openid+profile+email+params&redirect_uri=https://internal.server.com:8443/ords/apex_authentication.callback&state=123123123123asdfsadfasdf

but the server name isn't correct as it is accessible under different name
from internet. I need to change it.

I have tried to replace the response header with sub_filter, rewrite
directive but without success. I have tried to search solution usign google
but all the cases which i have found are replacing/modifing incoming request
but not the response.

Is there a way how to replace text in response location header? Is nginx
capable to do that ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,291230,291230#msg-291230