proxy_store doesn't create directories

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Feb 15 22:42:32 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 08:58:54PM +0000, Phil Endecott wrote:

Hi there,

> I have just tried to use proxy_store for the first time and
> it seems to almost work, but it looks like it does not create
> the parent directories for the things that it needs to save.

What user:group does your nginx run as? (I think the debian default
is www-data.)

What are the ownership and permissions on the directory you would like
nginx to write into?

Is there anything in the error log, especially related to mkdir()
or rename()?

> Is this the intended behaviour? Am I expected to create a
> skeleton directory structure first?

As far as I know: no, and no.

It should Just Work.

Cheers,