Creating the Directory Structure - static content

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Feb 22 18:17:33 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 02:12:08PM +0000, Grzegorz Cześnik wrote:

Hi there,

> My nginx distribution is from the official nginx repository for Ubuntu 20 Server
>
> Default:
>     location / {
>         root / usr / share / nginx / html;
>         index index.html index.htm;
>     }
>
> Therefore, I prefer to change it.

That's fair enough.

You can safely change it to wherever makes sense to you.

One small note, though:

within the config, you will probably be happier if you have the "root"
directive set at "server" level, outside of any "location" block.

And then only override the setting within a "location" block if there
is a good reason to do that.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org