Request Method Using Mixed case letters.

sanjay9999 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Jan 12 09:10:03 UTC 2021

Hi,
I am using mixed case letters in request methods. nginx finalized http
request to 400 becuase as per the standard Request Method is case sensitive.
However it shows html response with last line showing "nginx".

Our security team says "you should not disclose web server details in the
response for a request"
We have implemented solution to hide server name and version.

However, in this case control does not reach any of out server/location
block . so that I can override the 400 errror.

Please help it out.

Regards
Sanjay B Jain

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,290451,290451#msg-290451