Need Help with NGINX and RTMP set up

fdjohnson77 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jan 28 19:35:43 UTC 2021

I am new to this....I am using Ubuntu (latest version, 20.04), I have
installed Nginx (latest version), all appears to be working when I check the
config and syntax. I am trying to steam live to church online platform using
vmix and/or OBS. Vmix and OBS both appear to be communicating to the rtmp
server, but when I go to my church.online platform and input the video embed
code nothing appears in the preview window. Is my nginx config correct?

Nginx.conf

worker_processes  auto;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

## HLS server streaming
rtmp {
    server {
        listen 1935; # Listen on standard RTMP port
        chunk_size 4000;
        application live{
            live on;
            deny play all;
            push rtmp://localhost/show;
            on_publish http://localhost:3001/auth;
            on_publish_done http://localhost:3001/done;
        }
        application show {
            live on;
            # Turn on HLS
            hls on;
            hls_nested on;
            hls_fragment_naming system;
            hls_path /Users/toan/Sites/mnt/hls/;
            hls_fragment 3;
            hls_playlist_length 60;

            # disable consuming the stream from nginx as rtmp
            deny play all;

#end hls server stream

http {

   sendfile off;
   tcp_nopush on;
   #aio on;
    directio 512;
    default_type application/octet-stream;

    server {
        listen       80;
        server_name  localhost;

        #charset koi8-r;

        #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

        location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.html index.htm;

server {
    listen 8080;

    location /hls {
        # Disable cache
        add_header Cache-Control no-cache;

        # CORS setup
        add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' '*' always;
        add_header 'Access-Control-Expose-Headers' 'Content-Length';

        # allow CORS preflight requests
        if ($request_method = 'OPTIONS') {
            add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' '*';
            add_header 'Access-Control-Max-Age' 1728000;
            add_header 'Content-Type' 'text/plain charset=UTF-8';
            add_header 'Content-Length' 0;
            return 204;
        }

        types {