fcgiwrap limit

jonok3 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Jun 7 05:24:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

not really an nginx question but I didn't know where else to ask ...

I'm load testing my nginx server which is using an application that only has
a CGI interface. I have that setup and working fine, but the load test is
breaking something related to CGI.

I'm getting these errors when the load borks:
*9039 connect() to unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket failed (11: Resource
temporarily unavailable) while connecting to upstream ...

I increased the number of fcgiwap processes and that did seem to make the
test go longer before it crashed, but I have noticed this -

# systemctl status fcgiwrap

fcgiwrap.service - Simple CGI Server
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fcgiwrap.service; indirect; vendor
preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Mon 2021-06-07 15:06:25 AEST; 11min ago
TriggeredBy: fcgiwrap.socket
   Main PID: 192523 (fcgiwrap)
      Tasks: 26 (limit: 19174)
     Memory: 6.9M
     CGroup: /system.slice/fcgiwrap.service
             ├─192523 /usr/sbin/fcgiwrap -c 25

Does anyone know what the "limit"  that is listed on
      Tasks: 26 (limit: 19174)
refers to?  Tasks seems to be 1+ the number of child fcgiwrap processes I
have running, and changing the number of children doesn't change the limit.

thanks
Jonathan.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,291786,291786#msg-291786