worker_connections exceed open file resource limit

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Mar 9 14:38:41 UTC 2021

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 05:29:02AM -0500, bee.lists wrote:

> It is development.  I’ve been running 1024 for over 10 years and
> now there’s a restriction on 256 workers, and I don’t know why.
> It seems to be set quite low. Given the fact this is a new
> warning, developers that have increased this setting have been
> wrong all this time?

I would suggest that you've somehow misunderstood what happens in
your configuration.  The warning isn't new, and the limit is
traditionally very low in macOS.

My best guess is that you previously have the limit ajusted
somehow (such as "ulimit -n 1024" in your ~/.profile or
~/.bashrc), and this adjustment no longer applies for some reason
(e.g., clean install or switch to zsh).

http://mdounin.ru/