Nginx with PHP8.0?

Thomas Ward teward at thomas-ward.net
Sun Mar 14 16:50:44 UTC 2021

A white screen indicates some failure in the PHP processor.  That is not an nginx error, rather a problem with PHP that caused a fatal processing error.  Check your PHP logs or enable error reporting to the page in PHP so that it spits out the error data you need to understand why it fauled processing.  ('fastcgi_intercept_errors on;' might help in the PHP block to report the errors to the nginx error logs so you can see the error cause.)Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note10+.
-------- Original message --------From: Ken Wright <wizard at koalatyworks.com> Date: 3/14/21  12:45  (GMT-05:00) To: nginx at nginx.org Subject: Re: Nginx with PHP8.0? On Sat, 2021-03-13 at 21:18 +0200, Christos Chatzaras wrote:> > > On 13 Mar 2021, at 20:58, Ken Wright <wizard at koalatyworks.com>> > wrote:> > > > I recently upgraded from php7.4 to php8.0 and I find some of my> > applications no longer operate.  When I checked the error log, I> > found> > the problem:  the applications are still look for php7.4-fpm.sock,> > which no longer exists.  I tried reinstalling php7.4, but with no> > success.  Can anyone help me solve this issue?> > Did you change fastcgi_pass socket path in your virtual host?> I checked all the virtual hosts, and they all have been updated. Still, some apps run and some don't.  I finally got Nextcloud running,sort of, but others are still failing to start with just a whitescreen.Ken