nginx geoip module with reverse proxy in multi tenant

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Sun Mar 28 01:19:10 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 06:34:54AM -0400, blason wrote:
> Oh Ok -
>
> Thanks for the pointer and if my understanding is clear then define
> map $geoip_country_code $allowed_country_A
> map $geoip_country_code $allowed_country_B
> map $geoip_country_code $allowed_country_C
>
> under http section in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

True. According to the documentation map directive is available
on http context, http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_map_module.html#map

> and then use
> if ($allowed_country_A = no) in server section?

According to the documentation if directive is available on server
or location contexts, http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_rewrite_module.html#if

--
Sergey A. Osokin