Help with static content

deeztek nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Nov 3 19:29:47 UTC 2021

So after some more trial and error, I was able to display static content by
including the following:

location ~* \.(?:ico|css|js|gif|jpe?g|png|woff2|map)$ {
      # Some basic cache-control for static files to be sent to the browser
      expires max;
      add_header Pragma public;
      add_header Cache-Control "public, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate";
    }

and adding a root:

root /var/www/html/;

However, this breaks the Authelia authentication server which lives on /

So, what I REALLY need to figure out is how to create a static location like
above but instead of ~* have it specific for a location like /admin

How would I go about accomplishing that??

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,292742,292751#msg-292751