Handling cities with the same name using the GeoIP module

YvorL nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun Nov 14 17:54:47 UTC 2021

Thank you for your response!

I see. It's weird that I can't use a column that's right there in the
database and would uniquely identify any entry.

When I checked the Nginx documentation, I saw this:
"$geoip_region
two-symbol country region code (region, territory, state, province, federal
land and the like), for example, “48”, “DC”."
That should be the "subdivision_1_iso_code" in the database.
Meanwhile, when I logged my activity, I saw the name of the region
(subdivision_1_name) in the logs and when I changed to "$geoip_region_name"
nothing was logged.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,292821,292824#msg-292824