X-Frame-Options in nginx to allow certain subdomain

Daniel Armando Rodriguez drodriguez at unau.edu.ar
Fri Nov 26 11:43:58 UTC 2021

I'm using nginx as a reverse proxy for several web services.

One of them is a NextCloud + WOPI based LibreOffice Online Solution, as
such it needs to access resources in WOPI server subdomain. What I need
is my nginx to allow X-Frame-Options for WOPI server subdomain.

My /etc/nginx/snippets/ssl-params.conf have the X-Frame-Options set to
SAMEORIGIN.

I've tried adding following line to NC conf file with no luck:

proxy_hide_header X-Frame-Options

Also tried adding this line, with no luck either

add_header X-Frame-Options "allow-from https://WOPI-DOMAIN";

Any clue will be much appreciated.

Best regards.-

  Daniel A. Rodriguez