nginx authentication and authorization

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Fri Oct 1 21:32:01 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 04:32:59PM -0400, Keith Brown wrote:
> any help?
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 3:29 PM Keith Brown <keith6014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have two modules: spnego-http-auth-nginx-module and nginx-auth-ldap
> > working perfectly.
> >
> > However, I am just not sure how to make them work together.
> > I have an endpoint
> >
> >  I have an end point /login which gives me the remote_user because I
> > am using auth_gss. How can I use that information to check if the user
> > is in a LDAP group?

Both modules are third-party module, not sure if authors of those are
subscribers of this mailing list.

In any cases, a potential solution may need to utilize the auth_request module
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_auth_request_module.html and the
NGINX JavaScript module, http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_js_module.html
as well.

--