Nginx upstream zone

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Mon Aug 8 02:49:26 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 07:40:35PM +0530, Vishwas Bm wrote:

> What is the use of zone in stream upstream
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_upstream_module.html#zone

Since this is the part of the commercial subscription, I'd recommend
to contact NGINX Plus premium support team, please visit the following
page to get details, https://www.nginx.com/support/

> Does it have any impact on how loadbalancing happens when there are
> multiple worker process?

No impact.

> Also how is the size needs to be calculated ?
> Is 5m size sufficient for 10 worker process?

That depends on the actual NGINX Plus configuration and other factors,
usually 64k is enough, but that number can be revisited with an extensive
testing in a lower environments.

Thank you.

--
Sergey A. Osokin