django app static files on the different server not get loaded

ningja nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun Jan 2 21:26:40 UTC 2022

Hi Francis,

Thank you for spent time to answer my question. I am sorry for some of the
confusion here.
App1 can load the static files and run correctly from URL
https://test1.com/app1. Test2 has a Django app2 which has static files under
/app/public/static on server test2. I can access it from URL
https://test2.com/app2. Everything works including static files.

The issue is I need to configure nginx1 to allow people to access app2 from
the public internet. The config file I post here is from test1 server.
With this config I can access app2 html pages from the internet (just what I
wanted) but the page did NOT try load the static files from
https://test2.com/app2/ instead it try to load the static from
https://test1.com/app2/.   How can I have the nginx to look app2's static
files under https://test2.com?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,293219,293229#msg-293229