ipV6 failing first time, working everytime subsequently

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jan 6 23:13:28 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 10:03:52PM -0500, chakras wrote:

Hi there,

> I am using nginx on a VPS to proxy requests to a GCP server. When working
> with IPv4, everything works as desired. However, if we enable IPv6 on client
> machine, we see that the first call (/auth) fails with 401, and all
> subsequent calls are successful.

That does seem odd.

Does the nginx error log or debug log give any indication of why nginx
sends a 401?

Nothing obvious in the config would generate that within nginx. The log
snippet does not include the usual first parts that would indicate the
authentication username sent with the request.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org