Nginx performance data

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Sun Jan 9 00:47:06 UTC 2022

> Otherwise why is my application running into such performance limits as mentioned in this question on stackoverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70584121/why-doesnt-my-epoll-based-program-improve-performance-by-increasing-the-number ?

You are testing something (public third party dns servers) you have no control over (how can you be sure there are no rate limits?) with third party libraries without actually measuring/showing what takes up your time. That's not the best way to test low level things.

I would suggest to at minimum do at least 'strace -c' to see what syscalls takes most of the time.

But that's something out of scope of this mailing list.

rr