Domains not working as expected with nginx

Ian Hobson hobson42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:23:20 UTC 2022

Hi Jason,

This sounds to me like a wordpress problem.

Within the wordpress database, you will find a ???-options table, where
??? is a prefix for the site.

The first two entries in that table are the "siteurl" and "home" urls.
If these are wrong, you will find your website redirects as you observed.

Just edit the option_value field with phpMyAdmin or similar.

Regards

Ian

On 09/07/2022 00:14, Jason Crews wrote:
> I'm not sure what I've got misconfigured here, I would appreciate
> anyone who could point me in the right direction.
> Site structure:
>
> maindomain.com -> mediawiki -> works
> sub.maindomain.com -> basic php website -> works
> secondarydomain.com -> wordpress -> goes to sub.maindomain.com
>
> I've posted all of the config files on reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/nginx/comments/vtuha9/domains_not_going_where_expected/
>
> Not sure what's going one, any help would be appreciated.
>
> Jason Crews

Ian Hobson
Tel (+66) 626 544 695