limit_conn_zone using $http_ variable not working?

Alan Jackson alan.jackson at netvalue.nz
Mon May 9 21:27:46 UTC 2022

Thanks for the reply. Helped me along the right path - debug logging was very useful.

In the end I used real_ip module to rewrite with Client-IP:

                set_real_ip_from 127.0.0.1;
                real_ip_header Client-IP;

And now the $binary_remote_addr contains the original remote client IP.

                limit_conn_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=perip:10m;

Log lines are also now useful, and display the original remote client IP :)

Regards,
--Alan