Why the info 'A worker can handle no more than 1024 simultaneous connections' has been removed from http://nginx.org/en/docs/windows.html ?

Masseau Olivier Olivier.Masseau at inetum.com
Fri Nov 18 08:20:34 UTC 2022

Yes I meant nginx on windows sorry.

====

Hello!

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 04:06:37PM +0000, Masseau Olivier via nginx wrote:

> Maybe it would be nice to add this info on the
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/windows.html  page.
> Because without your answer I think I would never have been able to
> find this information :)

The page in question doesn't try to document how to configure nginx on Windows for various production setups.  Rather, it tries to document that such setups are not really supported and should be avoided.

> I'm aware that Nginx is not a good idea in production.
> But I was asked to evaluate and give evidence from which point the
> "not so good idea" starts to become a "really really bad idea" :p

Certainly nginx is production is a good idea, just not on Windows.
Expect nginx on Windows to be usable for tasks like testing and development, but not for production.  For production setups, consider switching to a Unix-like OS.

http://mdounin.ru/