Help with nginx.conf

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Fri Nov 11 18:05:59 UTC 2022

> in a network that is using Nginx as Proxy Reverse since some years, the nginx.conf file is like this include with Nginx-1.23.2 and that file appears like this..
>
> The second file is Nginx directly from Nginx.org, my question is, Why that difference between both files ????

nginx.conf is your individual configuration for your webserver/application.
Different (linux) distributions or products (which use nginx as part of their stack) might have different nginx.conf files and might place them in different system locations and could be split in different parts.

Often the provided configuration is only as a sample.

In short - there is no sense in comparing two configuration files as those might serve for different purposes.

Unless you meant something specific?

rr