IPV6 UDP port 6343

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Tue Oct 18 00:37:26 UTC 2022

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 07:20:11PM -0400, Andre Pedro wrote:

> > > This is just a random(big number) that I've decided on.
> >
> > Have you tuned any other system resources or parameters to work with such
> > a huge number?  How many worker processes in that instance?
>
> No, I have not.. the reason I've set this number quite high is because I am
> expecting a huge amount of packets destined to UDP port 6343.. so I was
> just playing with numbers really.
>
> What number would you recommend? Also, why does it work with ipv4?

I'd recommend to use the default value until you have an evidence that
the default value needs to be tweaked.  All other numbers need to
be tested pretty well with the same traffic volume and pattern.

Please note that the worker_connections is the number of sumiltaneous
connections per worker.  The configuration file you've shared contains
the following line:

  worker_process auto;

So, the number of worker process depends on a number of CPUs in the
system.

Hope that helps.

--
Sergey A. Osokin