soooo close: nginx gunicorn flask directory stripped from links

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Sep 16 08:21:12 UTC 2022

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 02:03:21AM -0600, Brian Scott wrote:

Hi there,

> Wow that looks promising. Can't try until tomorrow because it's 2am but I'll try first thing tomorrow. From a best practices point of view would one solution be better than the other assuming both work? The second suggestion seems more straight-forward and avoids patches/fixes which is a good thing in general.

I'm not aware of official "best practices" in this matter.

I like "simple", so I tend to try to set up the internal "thing" so that
I can reverse-proxy https://external/thing/ to http://internal/thing/,
with the hope that internally I can access both forms (while externally
only the external form is accessible).

(I also try to make http://internal/ redirect to http://internal/thing/,
so that I *can* access it easily internally.)

Fundamentally, both options should work, provided that the application
does not use any internal links that start with "/".

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org