Nginx use Redis for caching

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Fri Apr 7 23:44:59 UTC 2023

Hi,

hope you're doing well.

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:59:10AM -0500, Software Info wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to use redis for caching in nginx. I
> found out how to do it in Wordpress but for a local php based site
> that was set up, I am not seeing how to do it. Shouldn't I be able to
> pass settings in nginx.conf for the Redis url and password? Can anyone
> point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance.

I believe that all necessary information is available in README,
https://github.com/osokin/ngx_http_redis/blob/master/README.

Please go ahead and take a look on the Example 3, it
describes how to:
o) create a gzipped content;
o) push the gzipped content to a redis server;
o) configure nginx to get a content from the redis server.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

--
Sergey A. Osokin