[quic] can't define more than one server

Roman Arutyunyan arut at nginx.com
Mon Feb 20 12:19:12 UTC 2023

Hi Jonas,

> On 15 Feb 2023, at 21:50, Jonas Hünig via nginx-devel <nginx-devel at nginx.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed the new prebuild nginx package with http/3 support. This works very well for one server block, but when I add the listen directives to a second server block I get this error on configtest:
>
> nginx: [emerg] duplicate listen options for X.X.X.X:443 in /etc/nginx/sites-available/quic2.c-X.maxcluster.net/userdefined.conf.init:1
> nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
>

> anyone has an idea about this?

You probably duplicated all listen parameters in the second listen directive.
There are listen parameters which are not allowed to be duplicated,
particularly socket options like "bind", "reuseport" etc.
Normally you specify them in the first listen, and then reference them by address/port.

You should send user questions to nginx at nginx.org <mailto:nginx at nginx.org> instead.

----
Roman Arutyunyan
arut at nginx.com