Changing ownership of proxy_temp and other temp directories

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Fri Mar 17 14:26:19 UTC 2023

Hi Shedi,

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 05:13:24AM +0000, Shreenidhi Shedi wrote:
> Thanks for the response Sergey A. Osokin.
>
> The problem is these temp locations are configurable parameters.
> So, from a spec file perspective it's hard to fetch these parameters
> and change the permissions.
>
> As ngnix is already doing the task of changing permission of top
> directory, is there any problem the same recursively?

I don't think I see a specific reason for nginx to do that, because
that may cause a delay with its start, but it's definitely
possible to:
o) implement a specific logic and rebuild nginx binary, also raise
   a request in https://trac.nginx.org/ and submit a patch;
o) use other then /etc/nginx directory for temporary files, for
   example /var/tmp/nginx, see ./configure output for details

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

--
Sergey A. Osokin