Ruby app with non-system Ruby

megatux at gmail.com megatux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:30:24 UTC 2019

Hi,
  I'm having trouble setting a new Ruby app. I'm unable to use a Ruby
different than the system one.

My idea is to have several rack web apps on different ports (or URIs if
possible) but using a Ruby installation from a version manager, like rbenv,
RVM, asdf.

I have both Unit .deb installation and Docker installation.

So, to make it simple, let's say I want 2 web apps, a Rails app and a
Sinatra app, each one using a different Ruby installation within the "asdf"
language version manager (it could be same user or not).  Is it possible?
Then, if the two apps are APIs, can I migrate _progressively_ different
endpoints?

Thanks a lot.

   .^. In an open world, who needs windows or gates?
   /V\   Cristian Molina <http://www.megatux.me/>
  //  \\   GNU/Linux User #73047, Ubuntu User # 14733
 /( _ )\       Merlo, San Luis - Argentina