Looking for a smidge more info on external type applications

Shane Spencer spencersr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 00:53:12 UTC 2019

Hi all.  I'm trying to get a generic external application working using
python (rather than WSGI).  I can see the NXT_USER_INIT environment
variable and the PIDs involved and what could possibly be fileno's for
potential socket work.  I'm going to be giving that a test.

It sounds like the file descriptor may be use for retrieving extra control
information (like listen port) however.

Any extra info on external type commands would be awesome.  I don't see
anything on public github that is parsing the environment variable
NXT_USER_INIT to utilize that info.  Just trying to determine the next step
once a command inits.

<https://about.me/ShaneSpencer?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
Shane Spencer
about.me/ShaneSpencer