change of polling engine

Juraj Lutter juraj at lutter.sk
Tue Dec 8 10:29:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

on illumos, epoll() is found but is not working as
expected (somewhere in the code, there is timeout -1
that is causing it to wait).

I’ve patched auto/events to not use epoll on illumos,
leaving eventports in use, and now it work as expected.

I also have some other patches in place, see:
https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=unit/patches;h=8cd8485225809826953a79f9cc1c35d27e64622e;hb=HEAD

We are working on it with Sergey Osokin.

otis

—
Juraj Lutter
XMPP: juraj (at) lutter.sk