configure: checking for python....not found

Sergey Kandaurov pluknet at nginx.com
Fri Sep 16 17:12:10 UTC 2022

> On 16 Sep 2022, at 20:36, Ariel Goyeneche <agoyeneche at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> I am trying hard to get nginx unit running with python 3.9.12 as a module. Given that the binaries are not available for nginx with this module, I am trying to compile nginx from source.
> The problem is that the ./configure python documentation is not clear for me.

It is quite clear:

$ ./configure python --help

    --config=FILE         set python-config filename
    --module=NAME         set unit python module name
    --lib-path=DIRECTORY  set directory path to libpython.so library

> --config=pathname. : what is this config referring to? my python 3.9.12 installation does not have any config file. Where can I find more information about this?

In your case that would be python-config or python3.9-config

> --lib-path=directory: is this the path to the python 3.9.12 lib folder?

Usually you don't need this.  This option is useful when python-config
does not setup path to libpython.

--
Sergey Kandaurov