Chunked request body and HTTP header parser

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:30:30 MSK 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Valery Kholodkov
<valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru> wrote:

> It is nice, but I think it neither addressed the pipelined requests problem, nor it can be used with in standard modules, like proxy, because it re-implements function ngx_http_read_client_request_body.

I've tested my "chunkin" module with the standard proxy module and it
works flawlessly. Because ngx_http_read_client_request_body does not
do anything when r->request_body already exists.

Regarding the pipelined requests in a keep-alive connection, yes, it's
a TODO :) I'll have to reuse the bytes left in a previous request's
buffer.

It seems that the exising ngx_http_read_client_request_body is having
similar problems there? Because the leading bytes of the next request
is likely to be read into r->header_in when the previous request's
body and headers are small enough. But I'm not sure :)

Cheers,
-agentzh